Log it. View it. Share it. Know Your Conditions.
2015 Backpacker Magazine Editor's Choice Award
Kestrel DROPs are small, rugged, and accurate environmental data loggers. The Kestrel Drop targets many markets including Transportation, Agriculture, Firefighting, Facilities Management, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Grain Silo temperature monitoring, Consumer and others.
With made in the USA quality standards and durability from NK, manufactures of Kestrel Meters, the applications are endless. From measuring environmental data during cargo transport to conditions in the field for military training to feeling secure about the climate conditions in any room, shipped box, cargo, trailer, freight container, to as simple as a room in your home or office building, you are able to measure all of these conditions even when you’re physically not there. For increased ease of use, check out these accessoriesspecifically designed for hanging your DROP data logger.
Built to Kestrel’s brand specific rugged durability standard, the Kestrel DROPs are waterproof (IP67 standard) and drop-tested to MIL-STD-810G. Users are also able to set threshold alarms where an in-app pop-up will notify a user in range that certain measurement criteria have been met.
- View, chart, record and monitor your environmental conditions
- Real time, Wireless, Graphing functionality
- Access real time or chart the data via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on a smart device
- Log options: 2s, 5s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 1min, 2min, 5min, 10min, 20min, 30min, 1hr, 2hr, 6hr, 12hr
- Range of 100' for iPhone connection
- Bury it!
- Download the Kestrel Connect App directly from the iOS App store or Google Play.
- Share real-time/logged data with Kestrel Connect app via email, text, and social media.
- Battery life of 6 mo - 1 year depending on user settings and logging
- Rugged Accurate Waterproof
- Humidity does NOT need to be calibrated over time
Agriculture (Bury It!)
We buried one 4" in clay soil and acquired the signal December – April. (We also buried at 10 and 40", not able to connect until I dug them up!!) Sprayed them off, replaced the battery, good as new! If someone wants to bury a DROP, we recommend the D1 as there are fewer openings for water penetration. Spec for DROPs are rated IP67 waterproof for 30 minutes; as long as they are not “submerged”. A user could always place one in a waterproof bag if they feared standing water for longer durations of time.
See The Kestrel Fire Weather DROP with added feature: Wet Bulb Temp (Psychrometric)
COMPARE DROP FEATURES
|MEASUREMENTS||DROP D1||DROP D2||DROP D2HS||DROP D2AG||DROP D3||DROP D3FW|
|Dew Point Temp.||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Heat Stress Index||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)||✔||✔|
|Temperature Humidity Index (THI)||✔|
|Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)||✔|
|Color Available||Red, Blue, Tan||Red, Blue, Tan||Orange||Hi-Viz Green||Red, Blue, Tan||Orange|
iOS and Android Requirements:
iOS: iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or iPod Touch 5th generation – or any later iOS or hardware configuration. Will not work on iPhone 4, 3GS on 3G or any earlier iPad or iPod generation.
Android: Android 4.2 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth Smart®, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid, and other recent generation phones and tablets.
Getting Data Logs off iOS Device: There are two ways to Export data off your smartphone / tablet device
- Directly from the Stats Page or
- Manage Logging from the Manage page
Data Points:DROP D1: Data Points: 13064
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 7.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 90.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 544 days
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 4.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 56.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 340 days.
- Logging every 2 seconds: Fills up after 3.4 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 43.2 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 259 days
Battery Life: The battery life will vary based on usage.
- For baseline conditions and settings*, the battery will last approximately 6 months. *Temp = 75°F, Logging Rate = 10 Minutes, Update Rate = 30 seconds.
Battery life will be reduced by:
- Colder conditions
- More frequent logging or update rates
- Downloads of large data logs (or firmware updates) are best completed with a fresh battery and in temperatures above 10°C / 50°F.
- High-visibility Red
- Desert Tan
- Orange (D2 Only)
Getting Started: Kestrel DROP
Kestrel Meter Heat Index Reference Guide
Download Heat Index Reference Guide - Download Now (PDF)
Download The Free Kestrel Connect APP
How to manage Heat Stress by monitoring your Hydration Levels:
Managing heat stress is crucial during hot weather. Healthdirect Australia, our national virtual public health information service, offers valuable guidance on how to monitor your hydration levels.
Their urine colour chart provides essential information to help individuals stay hydrated and cope with high temperatures effectively. By following the recommendations on the chart, people can better understand their hydration needs, identify signs of heat stress, and take necessary precautions.
With Healthdirect's support, staying informed and vigilant becomes easier, ensuring that everyone can enjoy a safer and healthier experience during heatwaves and hot climates.