Kestrel 3000 RH / Wind Meter
Kestrel Meter 3000 RH / Wind Meter
Targeted toward and practically required for wildland firefighters in both fighting fires and controlled burn situations. This Kestrel 3000 model was a principle factor that changed firefighting equipment standards from the previous standard, the belt weather kit. It cut the weight of dated weather packs, confusion, and time, to this minimalist approach that was revolutionary in firefighting, where users lives literally depend on the accurate weather data their Kestrel 3000 provides.
NK was the first to provide accurate relative humidity measurements from a hand-held weather meter, and the Kestrel 3000 features two patents on its humidity measuring sensors.
From the Kestrel 3000's accurate relative humidity readings, it also calculates the dewpoint and heat stress index —important information to know when working or playing outdoors in hot and humid conditions.
A common accessory for fire departments is the field calibration kit.
The Kestrel 3000 has traditionally been the choice for firefighters. It has RH, quick, easy and only $149. That said... one reason to consider any of the Kestrel 5000 series:
Kestrel 3000 Features and Functions
- Current Wind Speed
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
- Air, Water & Snow Temperature
- Wind Chill
- Relative Humidity
- Heat Stress Index
- Protective cover with sure-grip overmolding
- Data hold function
- Large easy-to-read display with backlight
- Waterproof and floats
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- User-replaceable impeller
- External temperature sensor
- Patented Quick-Response RH Sensor
Every Kestrel 3000 Includes
- A slip-on protective cover
- Neck lanyard
- CR2032 coin cell battery (Average life 300 hours)
- 5 Year Warranty
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
Kestrel Meter 3000 Videos
Unboxing the Kestrel 3000
Kestrel Meter Heat Index Reference Guide
Download Heat Index Reference Guide - Download Now (PDF)
Kestrel Meter 3000 Additional Information
- Kestrel 3000 (PDF) Instructions English | French | Spanish | German | Italian
- Kestrel Meters Detailed Specs / Certificate of Conformity (All Meters, PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Catalog (PDF)
- RoHS CERTIFICATE of Compliance
- Dimensions: 127 x 45 x 28 mm
- Weight: 102 Grams
- Place of Origin: USA
How to manage Heat Stress by monitoring your Hydration Levels:
Managing heat stress is crucial during hot weather. Healthdirect Australia, our national virtual public health information service, offers valuable guidance on how to monitor your hydration levels.
Their urine colour chart provides essential information to help individuals stay hydrated and cope with high temperatures effectively. By following the recommendations on the chart, people can better understand their hydration needs, identify signs of heat stress, and take necessary precautions.
With Healthdirect's support, staying informed and vigilant becomes easier, ensuring that everyone can enjoy a safer and healthier experience during heatwaves and hot climates.