Kestrel 5000 Series Frimware Updates
How to update Kestrel 5000 series firmware including the Kestrel 5700 Elite with Applied Ballistics
Keep your 5000 Series Up to Date
There are four methods available to update the firmware on your Kestrel 5000 series meter. The methods use either the:
- Kestrel 5000 Series data transfer cable connected to a Mac or Windows computer, with installed Kestrel LiNK software.
- Via Bluetooth using the Kestrel LiNK Android app or iPhone app
- 5700 series units can also be updated via Bluetooth using the Kestrel LiNK Ballistics Android app or iPhone app
- Via Bluetooth using a Mac or Windows computer with a connected Kestrel LiNK dongle
- Updating the firmware of your Kestrel 5000 series will wipe all data and return it to its factory settings. Please back up all data to your mobile or via email and save profiles to your mobile app before updating the firmware.
- A Kestrel 5000 series with LiNK is required to connect wirelessly using the Android or iPhone app
- To update a Kestrel 5000 series without LiNK, you must use the Kestrel 5000 series data transfer cable plugged into a PC or Mac.
- A Kestrel 5000 series with LiNK is required to use the wireless dongle to connect to a pc computer
- Bluetooth cards inbuilt in your PC or MAC will not enable connection to your PC or MAC
- Updating via USB to tablets running an operating other than Windows or OSX is currently unavailable
- Applied Ballistics “AB Mobile” does not connect to your Kestrel device
- At the completion of the firmware upgrade, your Kestrel will switch off and may take several minutes to reboot.
Please follow the links below for detailed instructions and software downloads: