This item is currently unavailable.The Calibration Kit allows you to perform dozens of recalibrations in the field, to ensure that your Kestrel is always performing within specifications. In fact, if using distilled water, you can calibrate an indefinite number of times.
The manual explains in detail all of the steps for recalibrating your Kestrel. This process will take approximately 13 hours (about 15 minutes of work), including setup and calibration. The RH (calibrate humidity sensor) calibration kit includes the following items:
- three clear, sealable containers
- one container with magnesium chloride solution
- one container with sodium chloride solution
- two wooden scrapers
- an insulated carrying case to hold all of the above and maintain a stable environment while performing calibration
- For use with: Kestrel 4500, Kestrel 4300, Kestrel 4200, Kestrel 4100, Kestrel 4000, Kestrel 3500, and Kestrel 3000 (Both the older 2 button and 4 button version)
How often do meters need to be re-calibrated?
Largely it’s dependent on whether it’s industrial use or consumer use. Acousticians recalibrate annually, firefighters annually or semi-annually, and general consumers might recalibrate them every 4 or 5 years or so. The official stance is that a calibration is recommended every 24 months due to the possibility of up to 2% calibration drift over 24 months.
If you're Kestrel Meter is flashing 'E1', this means the humidity sensor needs to be re-calibrated. If the unit is less 30 days old (from the date of purchase) you may send it back to Kestrel AU for re-calibration under warranty. If it has been more than 30 days from purchase, it can be returned to Kestrel AU for a humidity calibration for $65 plus shipping. OR - you can buy this calibration kit and do it yourself.
Kestrel Calibration Kit Video:
Kestrel Calibration Kit Additional Information
- Kestrel Calibration Kit Instructions (PDF)
- Weight 1.5 lbs / 680 grams
- Place of Origin: USA
FREE SHIPPING & RETURNS (on Meters) on orders over $50 in the USA. (USPS)
Free Return policy: Domestic meters can be ordered risk free for 30 days.
If you would like to return it, simply email us and we'll email you a return label. You will be responsible for packing, taping, and getting it to UPS or US mail service. The meter must contain the original box and all that comes with it or there will be a restocking fee of up to 15%.
We ship via USPS or UPS shipping. You may choose at checkout.
Shipping outside the USA will have these options with prices at checkout:
- First Class Mail for $10 on orders under $50 (intended for battery kits & screen protectors)
- Priority Mail International: $29 FLAT RATE (Limited Online Tracking)
- USPS Express Mail: $49 FLAT RATE (Global Online Tracking)
- UPS Expedited: 2-5 Business Days - Delivery by end of day
- UPS Express: 1-3 Business Days - Delivery by end of day
- UPS Saver: 1-3 Business Days - Delivery by end of day